Max Tan’s Smart Tan Certified staff has over 100 years combined of tanning and skincare service to better serve you.
- Are a great way to extend and enhance the life of your tan. With a Step 3 Tan Extender and Color Enhancing Body Wash these products help your skin hold onto the color with the ingredient Vitatan, which can be found in all our Step 1 Intensifiers. They also contain anti-aging ingredients and help to replinish your skin after UV exposure.
- Tan Extenders give your skin back the important nutrients that you lose while tanning, and they complete the perfect tanning process!
- Stay away from products with mineral oil. Mineral Oil doesn’t allow your skin to absorb moisture- from the air or from your tanning lotion.
- Spray tanning is a great alternative to UV tanning. We use a variety of spray tanning solutions with each resulting in a natural, bronzey glow.
- Use California Tan Color Priming Maximizer, to create a smooth, even canvas to help the spray solution go on more consistently.
- Tan a couple times following your spray tan, so when it fades it’s not dramatically different.
- Don’t squint your eyes while getting your face sprayed-it will leave crow’s feet. Also, wash all deodorant residue to avoid green underarms.
- Stay away from oils after your spray—especially in sunscreens and bug sprays.
- The skin on your face continues down to your chest bone, so continue to apply face products down your neck onto your decollete if you’re having troubles tanning your chest.
- You can also use any of our face products daily as a moisturizer. Its like a 2 for 1 deal! They contain anti-aging ingredients and help prevent fine lines and wrinkles, just like the products you would buy from a department store.
- You can use Cali 707 Legs on arms and legs to give them a boost of color.
- You can also use your facial accelerator on your feet because their accelerating ingredients are highly concentrated.
- Did you know you our professional tanning lotions can also help accelerate an outdoor? For best results use a Step 1 Intensifier without bronzers.
- Mix it up! Avoid using the same accelerator time after time- this can cause your skin to become accustomed to the same formula.
- All hot action/tingle lotions are step two, so they should be used after you have achieved a base tan and have hit your tanning plateau.
- If you’re using a tanning lotion with bronzers, for maximum results wait 2-4 hours to shower.
- Accelerators help replenish what UV rays take away. Each tanning accelorators contain different ingredients.For example, some may contain aroma-therapies, tighteners, firmers, diamond dust, and bronzers to give an added glow!
- Do NOT leave accelerators in your car, extreme changes in the temperature of the lotion can prematurely activate the ingredients.
- Always use an accelerator when tanning, because UV light reflects off dry skin, not using accelerator can mean your tanning process may not begin until 4-5 minutes into your tanning session!
- Tanning accelorators have a shelf life of 12-18 months. Replace accelerators older then 18 months to achieve the best results.
- If you always tan in the Medium Pressures, jump in a Low Pressure for an extra UVB boost.
- If you don’t tan your face, flip your feet around to place them under the face lamps for extra color.
- SPF is great for tattoos and preventing them from fading!
- Don’t forget to use SPF lip balm to prevent your lips from burning.